Good Morning

Waking up is like coming out of a cloud really slowly or something. I feel like a baby every morning. My eyes are all fuzzy and I need to drink a gallon of water. I'm like one of those tiny dinosaurs you have to put in water to expand. Re-hydrate me.


Sometimes I can wake up quickly and suddenly, like some kind of superhero. Imagine if that was your superhero power? How disappointing, yet useful. But most of the time there's a level of grogginess that has to recede. I'm a bucket of fog every day being reconstituted into a person.


It's just funny how long it takes for various bodily processes to kind of become normal each day. My eyes seem to have visual debris and not want to focus for a while. My voice is low and mumbly for ages. My face feels like it's wrapped in clingfilm. I need a serious glass of water.


But after that, the morning is a nice time. The day is full of possibilities. Will I spend it watching so many episodes of Gilmore Girls that I start to believe I'm Lorelei? Maybe. Will I have a tasty lunch? Maybe. Will I lie down and type miscellaneous jumbled nonsense until I wake up? Definitely.

And typing stuff while you're still waking up is, firstly, a good way to wake up, and secondly, a great look at your psyche, probably. I really want some pretzels right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x