Wrapped In Plastic


I wanted to include some cool painted shapes with these scans, and I think they turned out pretty nice. It's such a strange feeling painting on plastic (especially because it really wants to curl up at the sides) but it's really satisfying and interesting to have a transparent painting.


It's pretty fun to make little overlays like this for scans, so I might do some more of these (and maybe use up some of the big roll of this stuff that I have sitting in my drawer of art supplies). It feels natural and right to be positioned alongside them.


I also really like how plaits look when you scan them, so I'm happy I put my hair in a plait here. I can't wait until my hair is really long again and I can do really long plaits. It always feels so nice and relaxing to plait my hair. Like I'm just removed from the world. I'm in plait world.


The reflection from the plastic is a strange element, but it adds some interesting texture here, and it's always fun to play with extra elements and light and stuff. It reminds me so much of some of the very first scans I ever made, where I had paint directly on the scanner bed, smudging everywhere. That was really good, and perfectly messy, but this is a much easier option that doesn't threaten to permanently damage the scanner, so I'll likely stick to methods more like this in the future.


I like things messy and folding and curling, just like bodies, paint, and plastic.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x