Simple


I think people forget all the time that we're worth something just for existing. Like we always want to be doing something or making something or being something. But we really don't have to be anything. We should reminds ourselves of that. Because it's simple, really, and I'm reminded of this every time I look at a friend and, I don't know, I see the way their eyes crinkle when they laugh or something like that. Isn't that everything? It's really everything.


I think this is part of why I like making scans of myself so much, because it's like, for a moment, I'm really just me. It's like stripping away everything except my basic existence. I'm just here and it's me. It's soothing. It makes me feel real.


I just want to remember that. To just exist. This is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x