More Final Fantasy IX Fun: Boosters & Burmecia


It has been some time since I continued with my new playthrough of Final Fantasy IX featuring Rihanna, Corbyn, and the gang, so I thought I'd write a little post to update you on the situation. The big thing is that I have discovered all the boosters, so now I can speed up the game and essentially not have to grind, which is nice. To be honest, I know a lot of people consider this game the ultimate Final Fantasy, and I completely see why, but for me I find a big portion of the beginning of the game a bit tedious and oddly paced, so it's nice to be able to use the boosters just to streamline those parts that I don't find pull me in so much.


It's a wonderful game with a beautiful setting, but on PC it also has quite lengthy battle waiting/loading times, so being able to speed that up is a real help to make the game feel smoother and just as exciting as the first time I played it on the PlayStation.

In this part of the playthrough I got to Burmecia, the crumbling city of constant rain. This was the location in the game that probably captured my interest and imagination more than any other. The rain and the music there is incredibly atmospheric, and that combined with the catastrophic decimation of the place when you arrive there left a huge impression on me. Freya (Beyoncé) is my favourite character too, so I love the mystery of the place she came from.


I also really like the sections where you get to play as Dagger (Corbyn). She just feels nice to control somehow, and I wonder what the game would be like if she was the player character overall. Something about able to play as a woman in a Final Fantasy game is always a nice moment for me, and really I just like her character design a lot, and her nonchalance in the face of danger and instruction.


Steiner (Rihanna) I love for his bouts of banter and rage, especially with the theatre troupe, and I like the whole feel of Treno, where he and Dagger head after being separated from Zidane (brexit). It's a place existing in the evening. There's a dog chasing a moogle in perpetuity outside the knight's house (what a sentence). There's crime, and the princess throws caution to the wind regardless. I kinda like that. She's alright.


Seriously though, look at this dog chasing a moogle. Beautiful. Please let this dog be happy and get whatever it wants. That's my only wish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x