Diary: I Need Ice Cream


Well, it's been half a month of sweating, thinking about ice cream near-constantly, and listening to some old favourite musical artists. I watched through the entirety of Girls, which was quite an experience. It made me feel like I was time-travelling, a little bit. I listened to quite a bit of Dusty Springfield, an icon and a wonder, and ended up finding a documentary about her in my YouTube recommendations. This is what I want and desire from social media and online content. Give me the Dusty documentaries. Give me them.


I've been reading a fair amount of stuff amongst the fog and particular strangeness of being really hot and finding it difficult to concentrate on a lot of things. For some reason that doesn't seem to have applied to books so much, so I read one of the worst books I've ever read, 'Where There's Smoke...: Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man' by William B. Davis. Still, it's only the second worst book I've endured this year, so there's that. I also started 'Sparkling Cyanide' by Agatha Christie, which I'm in the middle of right now and really enjoying.


I had some really nice forest-y walks, although a big part of me wants to retreat to a dark and damp cave at least until October. I've eaten several cookies to heal. Nothing is more medically appropriate and effective. I highly recommend this method. Be careful the chocolate chips don't melt, however. That would be a tragedy.


I guess I did some errands, got some new glasses and Invisalign refinements, but most important is that I painted a beautiful Shrek. I love Shrek. This is the only thing that's important, really. You can't see the Shrek painting because it would be too much. It would overwhelm you at this time. Trust me, I'm looking out for your best interests.


As June rolled into July I settled into a fully obsessive mode of ice cream anticipation. The only thing keeping me alive at this point is praline Magnums. They're so good. So perfect. I've been taking it relatively easy since I think the heat has taken quite a toll on me, but it's nice to sit down and watch some TV and not move too much for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I really love your diary updates, it inspires me to keep up with my own journal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you, I'm glad you like them! I hope you're enjoying keeping up with yours :o)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x