Animation ☆゚.*・。゚

A still from my animated video, '♡/heart'.

Alongside digital drawing, one of the things I've become super interested in doing more this year is animation. It's always been something I've admired but been a bit scared to explore. I remember making a stop motion video with a doll years ago and finding it the most amusing thing of all time though.


It's a great avenue for humour, so I guess I should probably approach it with that kind of childish, snickering glee in mind. Animation is the perfect place for weird and silly things, after all, and that's what I like best!


As with anything else I do, I like to make animations in a way that is also a bit wobbly. I like movement that feels like it's stuttering or undulating in some way. It's not too smooth. Maybe in part that's due to the influence of children's TV from the 1970s - 1990s. Stuff like Roobarb, and of course the wonderful Morph. There's a gravity to a lot of that stuff that I really like.


As you'd expect, I'm only going to make very high brow and important things, like this smiling bottom (above). Necessary.


2 comments:

  1. are you using flash or a program for animation ? these looks pretty adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I put them together at 10 FPS in Movie Maker.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x