Glasses Are Cute

I've been seeing some glasses positivity lately and I am extremely here for it, since I remember being a newly bespectacled twelve year old gripped with concern about my new glasses which obviously rendered my face instantly ridiculous. Rectangles? On my face? It's more likely than you think!


I was so embarrassed to have to be wearing a facial bra that I don't think I was even grateful for being able to see. I'd spent a while steadily developing blurry vision until I couldn't read anything on my teachers' whiteboards unless I sat at the front of the class, but this happened gradually enough that I didn't figure out there was actually something wrong with my eyeballs. I just thought constant squinting was normal, for some reason. Maybe my brain got blurry too, somehow.

I only really started to feel positive towards glasses when we started to get some different shape options for frames. Much more circular frames had started to get popular in the early 2010s and I was thrilled, because I was sick of awful, terrible rectangles and wanted some cool circles to put in front of my eyes. The circle, as we all know, is the best shape. It's a fact. And as the best shape, it would also surely be the best and coolest shape to have adorning my face. So I did get some circular glasses, although they were frameless around the lenses. They were the best.

Later, I went for a slightly less explicitly circular style. Rounded, though, because I think the softened look works much better on my face than super angular styles (hence my long-standing hatred for rectangular lenses). I'm glad there are lots of style options for glasses these days, and I'll even accept those strange and questionable people who wear glasses purely for fashion, because in all fairness they do look very cute.

I've been convinced that glasses are actually very cute and good now. Honestly, I'm just thankful to be able to see things. Seeing things is pretty okay. So thanks, glasses.

I may even one day wear rectangles again. Don't hold me to that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x