Orange Paintings & Spring Memories


Here are some creatures and friends, mostly in orange and a little in blue and a subsequent brown. I like that mixing a lot of colours will invariably make brown. Brown is good, like dirt and earthworms and mud pies - or wood, cork, brogues, and satchels. Like a walk through the forest, or having a beer on an old picnic bench.


Speaking of that, I feel like I want to go on lots of picnics, or sit out in beer gardens, wearing a light jacket and laughing between small breezes that remind me I'll never be warm enough for that long. I guess it's that spring thing. The blossoms are coming out, and the sky exists, an old blue friend.


I want new spring memories. Parties and broken garden furniture. Gathering friends to share snacks and shivers with, huddled under streetlamps and for one night no-one's allowed to be busy. I miss using up a disposable camera, however at this point I'd still rather take blurry digital camera photos - there's enough nostalgia in that anyway, now that everyone uses their phones most of the time.


Take me somewhere. Where all the dogs are. A warm-coloured kitchen after a short trip to the off licence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x