Colour Clouds


I love making these paintings of just wobbly colourful brushstrokes and I've mentioned 'em before plenty of times, but here are some from recently. Meant as backgrounds for an animation I was working on this week, I just think they're kinda special and calming on their own, so I thought I'd dedicate a post to them. I like the one above a lot because it looks like a bunch of colourful clouds. The amount of water I used here gave them such a formless, and more transparent look. I like it.

I think it would be pretty cool if clouds were different colours like this. Can you imagine it? It would be very cute.


This second one is so chaotic and busy. Everything is everywhere. I also like it a lot for that. Things overlap more, and the colours are more discordant. An interesting mix of earthy mixed tones and bottle bright, almost neon colours. Harmony in the discord. This is an abstract representation of me trying on all the clothes in River Island and getting sweaty and stuck in a dress.


And this one, the last one, is so relaxed and calm. Lines are solid and not touching each other too much. It's an assembly. A polite crowd of coloured lights seen through a rainy taxi window. Something like that.

I love all these shapes because they suggest so much, but they could mean anything, or nothing. And I love anything, and nothing. Okay, cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x