Making Weird Good Stuff With AI


I came across a great blog post recently about drawing some stuff with AI, and I had to see what kind of images I could get trying out this demo by Cris Valenzuela. I was not disappointed.

Essentially you just type in whatever you want the AI to draw, and you will find new horrors appearing on the screen. It's great. Give it a try. It really can't draw people as anything other than blobby monsters with mysterious cavities and shadows. This is fine.


I found it fun to type in concepts that would inevitably result in more abstract images, often what looks like smudges on walls. Vague shapes. They're satisfying in their own right, but it's also pretty fun to play with recognisable texture.


For example, this tool knows on some level what a flower is, and will try to put a flower texture of some kind in your image if you mention it. This leads to some really interesting results that look like natural landscapes that have been irreparably broken. There are some beautiful images to be made here.


I like this one I tried to do of Sonic the Hedgehog. This picture is the only real picture of Sonic now. I will accept no other Sonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x