Journal: Wiggly Colours & Collages


I've been journaling a bit lately with a bunch of colours and wiggly shapes, and pasted on paintings from a little while ago, and I just really enjoy the density and chaotic feel to these pages. They kinda remind me of going outside and just noticing all the things around you. There are so many things!


I love the feel of collaging and being able to make something busy out of whatever little things I have. I can paint the same thing, the same shapes and dogs and colours, a million times and then arrange them into something that's in some way cohesive later. It's nice to be able to segment out my creative process like that sometimes. So I can come back to something later and not have to give it so much thought or direct attention, but with that two step process meaning I can make something that feels expressive and fun without being demanding in the same way as something I'm completing in one sitting or stage.


They feel like tiny worlds, in a way. It's fun.

Here's a bunny:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x