Journal: Felt Tip Chaos


I decided to watch a stream the other night and just draw a bunch of stuff in my notebook at the same time. Lay out a pile of felt tip pens before me and scribble my way through the journal. It feels pretty weird to draw like this. I really feel like a little kid. All the super light colours! It's fun to do cheesy landscapes with them, or use the transparency of the ink to combine all of the colours.


I think my favourite things to do with felt tips in this format is using a lot of colours at once and a lot of wiggly lines. Like they're trying to escape.


I got really sleepy towards the end so they started getting a little more... desperate, maybe. I like the feeling of drawing when I'm really tired, in a way, because it's like part of my brain just leaves. I become a wobbly human Spirograph. It's good.


I like the chaos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x