Side

It's kinda weird to me how we don't really see our own profiles much. The side view of our faces, that is. Yet I suppose that's one of the main aspects of our appearance, but I can't exactly picture it when I try to. It's not like I can really look in the mirror at it, so I only really see it in pictures, and they get taken rarely, I guess. It's strange. It's weird, but we really don't know what we look like exactly the way others do.


So that's the reason I took a bunch of pictures of myself from the side. I can forget about these and imagine myself as a confusing blob regardless, but it's nice to take a picture and be like, "oh yeah, that's what the side of my face looks like". What a fascinating blog post this is, about the side of my face. I love to document things. What a great time we're all having here.


Anyway, I've been having a nice time with some kind of working-on-stuff general routine, and I thought it would be cool to try to take some candid pictures of myself and my work space and stuff I'm working on to go along with that. I would say I'll try to do that daily, but honestly some days you just need to not bother with stuff like that. So what I will say is, maybe I'll do it on some days. I think it's a nice thing to do with some regularity. Just take some purposeless pictures.

It's funny, really, I think in a lot of contexts now we probably take less pictures that we might have done in the past, just because cameras are so accessible, and maybe we tend to take a picture for an immediate purpose these days - so there's no need to build up a bunch of pictures or be more opportunistic with them, perhaps.


It's an interesting thing to wonder about, picture-taking habits. Lately I've been really enjoying taking the time to make sure I'm doing a little bit of pen drawing, a little bit of painting, and of course a little bit of eating Magic Stars, throughout the day.

Having a mini slot of time to do different forms of making stuff seems to work really nicely, gets me some good material/pieces, and then I can take a break and scan stuff I made yesterday, and eat a sandwich and take some pictures. It's pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x