I Love Haim So Much (& The Aces)

HAIM - Want You Back

Hello, I would like to talk about my favourite long-haired trio of disco-invading possible cryptids, HAIM. Why are they so good? I'm really in my element and at my most potent when I've just watched all the HAIM videos. That's when I feel the most fully myself. I decide to definitely never cut my hair again, and to go dancing somewhere in the street in magical synchronicity with strangers.

HAIM - Falling

I just feel a real kinship with them, watching their videos. It makes me feel great. There's such a relaxed feel to their videos, like they just fell that way. Also they make jeans and t-shirts look so comfy. There's just something so human about them that makes me feel fine just existing, maybe wearing a cool jacket.

HAIM - Forever

And their songs, ugh. They're so perfectly constructed, with this beautiful layered network of instruments and harmonies laid across a tight melody. They're one of those bands who make every single song a complete joy you can lose yourself in, and a total earworm. Entire albums in my head at once, whirling like autumn leaves on a windy day. Man, I love HAIM.

The Aces - Last One

Also, lately I've been listening to so much of The Aces, who have a pretty similar dynamic in both visual aesthetic and sound. However, not to diminish them as they are their own band with some incredible songs and a bit more of a synth angle (as well as a really touching piano ballad in 'Hurricane'). I first found them when I saw a music video which had them dressed up like Heathers, and I fell in love instantly.

The Aces - Volcanic Love

It's so cool to find these all-female groups making some of the best contemporary music ever, and some of the best music videos too. I'm going to the woods to cast a spell that will grow my hair to my knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x