Diary: Brain Boil & Talk Talk


It's now August, and I'm in a good mood lately. I feel oddly reinvigorated, and now that I think about it, it has coincided with a brief resurgence of rain and a dip in the temperature. I think my brain was allowed to bring itself down from its BRAIN BOIL and be normal again. I feel like I have a bit more clarity and energy. So that's really nice. I finally managed to start Nier Automata - I've been wanting to play it for a long time, and I've only played a little bit just now, so I still don't know what my impression of it is, but it's nice to finally get a shot at it.

It's so rare that I get to focus on a console game these days, so it's pretty cool to get to do that again. I forget how different it feels to playing stuff on PC or 3DS. It's just you in front of your TV with full focus. It's kinda more concentrated (or at least, it is when I play that way). I'm in a new world of my own to explore. It's cool.


For some reason I decided to just draw some stuff for a bunch of these days. I guess sometimes you gotta write your diary entries in alternative ways... but I'm really glad I did this, because these last two drawings just tap into such a great, weird part of my psyche.


I thought it would be a really good idea to draw one of my usual cute bunnies, but with this creepy over-realistic person face, and you know, I think I was right about that. Why I decided to draw her playing a piano, I do not know, but here we are. This is just how things are.

I've been listening to some great music this past few days also. Some old favourites and a lot of stuff I have a particular emotional connection with, or memory of. Like Talk Talk's entire discography, which is some of my favourite work of all time. Just brilliant, beautiful albums that make me feel so much at once. And the Goo Goo Dolls album, 'Dizzy Up The Girl' - this always reminds me of being a teenager and seeing the music video for Iris and being super mesmerised, but I also love Slide a lot. And finally, the 4 Non Blondes album 'Bigger, Better, Faster, More!' which I think just has such a great construction overall. Such great lyrics, such great songs, such a great voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x