Journal: Stars, Skies, & Mouths


It seems like I've been preoccupied with painting wobbly little stars in my journal most recently. I love those little guys. So wobbly. So blobby. So beautiful. The perfect forms. Truly an inspiration to us all.


I also seem to be increasingly drawing characters without mouths, which is kinda fun. They don't need them! They're just here to look at the stars! I like the even more simplified look, although with this little person above I painted more complex eyes, but sometimes that juxtaposition is fun too. Endless options. I like to switch around slightly more complex or realistically depicted features and simplified or absent features. There's so many tiny little variations and I love figuring them out and putting them together.


I also, again, am really liking using these painterly sort of backgrounds where you can see the texture of the brushstrokes and stuff. It's like some kind of abstract sky and gives this nice extra depth, like this could be a world of abstract yellow sky, maybe. You never know what's going on in these little imaginary places. But there are definitely a lot of stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x