Journals & Chaos


I've been painting some full pages in my journal recently, and it feel so nice to put colour on every part of a page and then paint on top. I usually use so much white space, and while I love that, it's really fun to put colour and brushstrokes everywhere and have these messy, wild journal pages form. I also love the way the paint combines together and looks watery and weird.


I think I might try to do this more for a while. It's nice to feel the steady progression of painting new journal pages and slowly filling up a journal, as well as depleting the paint tubes (it's satisfying to me to get through art supplies and think about getting new ones - although I think I will probably hold off on buying new acrylics while I still have watercolours as well).


I'm just having a fun chaotic time, and it's nice to acknowledge that and think about what methods of painting and making stuff are making me happy. It's always changing a little bit, and I find that keeping a record of it in some way can help me to be more aware of it.

I just really like all the gloopiness and colour and the feeling of doing something that feels in some way more experimental and chaotic. I always like to invite some chaos. Make the chaos a cup of tea and a sandwich. Tell the chaos about my day. Y'know.


2 comments:

  1. I love your pages! You are a trully inspiration for me and I must say thank you <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x