Mush


Here are some miscellaneous drawings, absent-mindedly thrown onto my blog like a frisbee, because that is surely what blogs are for. You know, that's what it's like being online sometimes. You just throw things out there. And here's an attempt at a poem sort of inspired by them:

Some secret friends gathered round like gemstones on the beach
Sparkling and bespectacled, they had some things to teach 
What wonders came from whence their minds could ever leech
I could not say, I could not tell, with no conclusion to reach 
But on that day of spring sun and friends on a windy beach
I was fortunate enough to find myself offered a tasty peach 
And on that day the sun set sail and took away my speech
But what a lovely day it was, a perfect little breach


It doesn't flow so well, but sometimes you gotta write a poem and then just never edit it or think about it again. Just make it and then discard it. Although I'm discarding it onto my blog like my blog is a bin. Well, that's okay. Sometimes it is, and that makes me like it more. Sometimes it's a place to put unfinished things or half-baked thoughts (thoughts that are cold and hard in the middle but all mushy and hot on the outside).


That's what being online is all about! And really, what being alive is all about. Okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x