Diary: Fickle Friends & Halloween


If you read my last diary post, you might notice that I've skipped ahead some days. I just didn't update my diary for a while, but I got back into it after going to see Fickle Friends at Shepherds Bush Empire on the 19th. I was compelled to stick my ticket in here, and the piece of confetti that I caught in my hands like a precious falling snowflake. It doesn't show up too well on this scan because it's white, but it's there, and keeping it kick-started my diary back up, so that's cool.

It was such a great show, and as I walked into the venue the first support band were doing a cover of Mamma Mia, which truly set the tone for the evening and made me smile. ABBA songs cannot be resisted.


Further exciting and shocking developments during this time include the tragic event that was my purple pen running out of ink. Goodbye old friend. It's pink and red time now. I also got the last two little buttons taken off my teeth and had moulds taken for my retainers, so that's pretty fun. Love to have teeth, love to not have composite attachments on my teeth.


I've been getting into a bunch of stuff creatively and feeling pretty excited about those those things, especially the last week or so. I've really been enjoying doing some looser journal stuff for myself and switching to a more scripted and particular video style. So I feel like I'm in a nice place with that stuff and being organised. Of course, it's been getting really cold recently, so all of my big jumpers and cardigans are out and ready to go. And I love it.


The Halloween time has been so nice. It always makes me feel cosy at this time of year, but nothing makes me happier than the spooky stuff. It feels like I belong... in this time... somehow. And I think all this festivity helps me to feel a bit more motivated too. It's the power of the pumpkins.

Also, here's a spooky thing I saw when I somehow managed to fail a robot check online the other day:


:-o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x