Bunnies & Rain


I was really happy the morning I painted these paintings, because it was one of those sunny mornings where the sun shines through the window real nice and there's a pleasant fragmentation of light. Bright in some places on the wall, a little more subdued in others. And later it became super gloomy all of a sudden and began to rain really hard against the window. I thought that it was perfect weather. A beautiful, sunny morning, and then calm rain all afternoon. It made me feel so happy, and I spent a good while painting. It was so nice.


I used some black, red, and yellow paint and I just thought I'd make some lumpy little friends and not think too much about it. I had started fairly early, and you know sometimes doing something creative and a little bit energetic early in the day just makes me feel so good and makes the whole day feel really good. Although I guess I also talked to a couple of friends and had a good lunch, which combined with the weather probably did a lot to make it a great day too.


I always do a lot of stuff without thinking too much or planning ahead too much, but I love to think about... thinking. I mean, I find that I get things done and feel accomplished often when I just go ahead and start doing something without making up my mind about the specifics of it. I like to be spontaneous with a lot of things and I find it helps me to be creative when I just start something and let it sort of happen without knowing exactly what's happening. However I also really like to organise ideas and keep lists, and stuff like that, so it's interesting to think about how combinations of being organised/utilising planning and acting spontaneously can be used to best effect.


I really like thinking lately about how I might be able to better organise myself or plan things. I have particular ways of keeping notes, memos, or lists - which I like to do a lot. Recently I've been making to-do lists every morning, because being able to cross things off a list later in the day helps me to feel a bit more focused and accomplished, but also reminds me of what I've done throughout the day. I definitely have a habit of forgetting what I've done in a day, so it's handy to be able to itemise things in a way, and it helps me to better prioritise also. I always keep lists, but shifting their format in small ways can be really invigorating. But then, I'm a passionate list fan and cannot be stopped.


The point is, it was such a relaxing day of painting. It made me remember why it is I love painting enough to do it on an often near-daily basis. I'm lucky to have all these weird little bunnies, and every day I'm gonna write "make bunnies" on a sticky note shaped like a piece of toast, and later I'm gonna cross it off, and that's the best.


Also, I hope it rains again. The rain fuels me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x