Animating SHINee's '1 of 1' Intro


Several months ago I had the idea of hand-painting/hand-drawing a version of SHINee's '1 of 1' music video, or at least a little portion of it, and so I started working on paintings and drawings frame by frame, until I had made the first four seconds of the video.

Here's the sequence:



I initially thought about painting each frame for a look that quite directly replicated the original footage from the music video, but as I started making the frames, I realised it might be more fun to switch around to different mediums and have a bit more of an experimental feel. I really like how this turned out and I think the combination of more complex painted frames, one colour pen drawings, and super simple sketchy frames, all together looks really nice.


I've included a few of my favourite frames in particular in this post, selected from a total of forty frames!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x