Snack Inspiration

Eating snacks and sharing weird notes and drawings with friends and saving pictures of cute pigeons to my pictures folder is the kind of stuff that reminds me about being alive. You know, what it means and what matters, really. Routines and errands and stuff can be great, I think on some level we really need those kinds of structure, but just as much we need that ability to play, to go to something silly and new. To do something utterly pointless but meaningful in its pointlessness.


The things I treasure are all the tiniest and stupidest things. Torn tags from toys, unexpected messages, running jokes that were born out of nothing but a moment's strange spark. Kinder egg toys that are more about the moment of reveal than they are about the actual toy. Stuff like that. Moments all stuffed into a box.


I started writing this mostly because I was hungry, honestly. I have a chocolate muffin sitting on my chest of drawers waiting for me. I know I'm gonna feel that moment of satisfaction when I sink my teeth into it and I am READY. Listen, the secret to writing blog posts is looking at muffins. That's the advice they never want to give you. But that's what it is. Go have an adventure, and maybe that adventure can be buying a muffin. That's true inspiration right there.


Really though, I feel a little tired, a little hungry. I have some spots in annoying places on my face, and I don't think I drank enough water today. I'm wearing gingerbread man pyjamas because I'm seasonally inappropriate and they're comfy. I'm about to make lunch 2 (return of the lunch), and I'm going to enjoy it so much. And that's what it's all about.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x