I Take Spotify Too Seriously

I am a big fan of making playlists, and listening to songs all day, and compiling songs that have a certain strange feeling to them. I've realised just how much I rely on my Spotify playlists and just how seriously I take them. I gotta have the perfect illustrative picture for them, the perfect title and feeling, and I really love making them.

I thought it would be cool to post about some of my major ones and talk a little bit about them, so here goes.


Romantic Jazz Bar


This is one of my favourite playlists because I truly love the relaxing cocktail bar feel and the mix of crooners and cool jazz types in there. It's so uniquely calming yet gently exciting. A little bit funky. A bit of toe tapping. A bit of dancing around your dinner. A healthy dose of trumpet revives me.


Oh


This is mostly a big catalogue of exhilarating pop. Songs that have that soaring feeling. Songs for running through streets at night, or songs for when you go into the bathroom at a party and maybe just sit in the bath on your own for a bit and feel that strange type of deep happiness. Songs for watching slow motion fireworks. Something like that. BIG GOOD POP MUSIC (mostly).


50s & 60s faves


I really love so much music from this era, but I have a bunch of particular favourites and thought it would be cool to gather them together. Headed of course by the very perfect Dream Lover by Bobby Darin. There's nothing better.


Secrets & Home


This is a slightly more elusive playlist that takes some of the exhilarating, dreamy pop feeling from the 'Oh' playlist, but has a bit more of a varied and conspiratorial feel to it. These are mostly songs that feel like they are super expressive of something that's sitting somewhere in my blood somehow. There's a little bit of darkness and glow to this one.

Other playlists I have include:

  • Ambient & Calm (a really soothing mix of gentle, spooky, serene instrumentals)
  • New Finds (all the stuff I've just found and want to remember for later)
  • /// (a miscellaneous jumble of current stuff)
I cannot be stopped.

2 comments:

  1. I finally listened to all the playlists and you've got some wonderfull music. I love the feeling of 50s & 60s faves and Secrets & Home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you! I'm glad you like them :-) those two playlists are definitely ones I love listening to often because they're super calm and uplifting and nice!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x