Spaghetti Dog & Glittering Darkness


Here are some friends. They like to look at the stars. Or in some cases, just stare blankly ahead while the stars exist around and above them. That's my hobby too. Just staring. Love to stare.


Got some nice colours here, and some nice wobbly lines. Everything should be just as wobbly as my thoughts, and as you should know, my thoughts are tiny jellies. Little wobbly jellies all over the place. It makes sense. I love a dark but rich blue. A brightness nestled inside the dark. That's why jewel colours are so great. They're that beautiful part of the night where there's still colour in the darkness. It's good.


And here we see the entangling of spontaneity and relaxation. I think I kinda talk about these things a lot, or include them in my drawings a lot. I'm just really into doing what the body wants, and revelling in that natural, inescapable drive to: 1. do fun adventurous stuff and feel alive, & 2. lie the hell down. I love thinking about those things all the time. The main elements, I feel. The big important things. And how they intersect is super interesting to think about. Like you gotta have some fun and exploration and delightful new experience time, but at the same time maybe you gotta nap.


I guess I'm also really focused on these concepts just because around me it seems like there are a lot of people struggling with work/life balance and what they're doing with their free time, and then fundamentally who they are as a person based on those things and what they make time for. Obviously, what you make time for can say a lot about you as a person, but it's also really entrenched in what your society and environment instils in you as necessary or most important. And people get caught in that a lot. So I think about it and assess it all the time. I think it helps.


Anyway, spaghetti is good. That's the profound statement I'm here to share. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x