Music Good Fun !!!!!!!!!


Here's a picture of The Kinks. I'm putting this here mostly because I thinks it's funny and I like to gently laugh at it. The perfect image.

I'm going to talk about music I've been listening to lately now, ft. some screenshots from my last.fm profile. Firstly, I'd like to point out the beautiful and serendipitous look going on here:


Look at all that black and white, and gentle blue. Very nice, very good. I've been listening to so much Neil Sedaka lately, and I love the man's voice so much. It's so high and happy, he sounds like he's smiling. There's a pillow-y, satisfying tone to his voice - I can't explain it. It just burrows into me. And of course his songs are just so great.

Also, I've been listening to a bunch of my old big favourites Chairlift. They have such captivating, intoxicating songs. The synths and soaring, floating, cloudy vocals. And my soft gentle boys Chad & Jeremy for the most relaxing time of all. Listening to their songs is like being underneath a wave.


I think the combination of funny-silly-sweet Jonathan Richman, funky-smooth John Mayer, and melancholy-euphoric Pale Waves (their new album rules) probably creates the perfect emotional sound for me right now. There's a humour there in that well, in that weird little concoction. It works.

I love the particular kind of emotional feeling of an album, or an artist overall. It's so fun to think about and listen to and often it's as if there aren't really any words that quite get there when trying to describe that. It's so cool. Also, that John Mayer 'The Search for Everything' album art makes me feel wistful and happy. Thanks John Mayer. I'm gonna listen to that album again, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x