Scanner Adventures: Unchanging Darkness


I have some black and white scans - these were some fun ones that I made real quick. I was in a happy little mood here. I just love these hearts, and the clear look of greyscale.


It's pretty fun to try and pose for the scanner, although I think this is quite hard to do effectively, in that since the scanner limits you so much, it's hard to express something that really looks like a pose. They always look more like something captured organically somehow. Not like I fell onto the scanner, but more like it just captures such a clear you. Of course, you can do a lot of weird things to manipulate a scan, but at its core there is a very straightforward realness. It's so unavoidably precise.


I mean, that's part of why it's so compelling. I know that I can do this for years and have results that are incredibly similar, yet constantly varying. Just a little bit different all the time, but so comfortingly immovable and unchangeable overall.


That strange warping of an everyday reality. A record of what it's like to be the same person your whole life, but always a little bit different. It's so oddly grounding. And I love the heavy darkness and living there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x