Nokia 1: My Sweet New Phone

After three years with an Alcatel Pixi 3 that cost £50 in 2015 and that had slowly decided to hate and distrust apps, I now have a shiny new phone - The Nokia 1. At £60 this was another low cost phone. That's always been a priority for me and I tend to go for low end options, because ultimately I'm pretty flexible and never expecting anything super powerful or complicated from my phone. I just want something that works, and that hopefully isn't too slow and can cope with Instagram.


The Nokia 1 is a huge upgrade from the Alcatel Pixi 3 (this ran Android KitKat and had quite a modest processor, leaving it a bit slow to open and close apps - it was never that fun to use, but it did okay). The Nokia 1 runs Android Oreo (the food-related brand names here make me feel like I live inside a fake world somehow - isn't capitalism weird?) and is remarkably smooth and pleasant to use. I'm quite shocked at just how smoothly it operates for a £60 phone. It doesn't feel cheap at all!


I've opted for a space wallpaper, which I'm sure you'll agree is delightful, and I'm just so happy. It looks great, it sounds great, it works beautifully. Here are some pictures I took with the camera, just so you can get an idea of the quality:


(the first image is straight out of the camera, and the second image taken through the Huji app - I tested this because it's a photo app I use to take pictures a lot, so it's interesting to see how those pictures turn out)

It's pretty modest in that regard, but since I use other cameras a lot of the time, that doesn't really bother me. I really can't say enough good things about this phone though. I've always had cheap phones, or hand-me-downs, or outdated models, but I think this is really the first time I've gotten a super low end phone for a good price that felt incredibly up to date, reliable, and cool. I'd highly recommend it, and I'm beyond thrilled that I finally get to listen to some music while I'm outside again (my old phone's earphone jack stopped working a long time ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x