Autumn & Cycles


Here are some spooky creepy scans, all stretched and strange like all of my thoughts and ideas and intermittent desires for cheesecake. It's just about the best part of the year again, that time when the sky has the right amount of gloom and brightness. The colours are rich and earthy and clear, I can wear a jumper but don't have to walk around in a huge that effectively looks like I might as well have worn my entire duvet, and there's a nice calm feeling to everything.

That's what I want and need, and of course, the spooky stuff comes soon too. I am ready.


I feel like it's almost the time that most perfectly matches my psyche. Maybe that's just a meaningless idea, but I don't know, it's fun. There's a sense of belonging I feel with the autumn, like that's where I'm supposed to be somehow. The crunchy orange leaves make me happy, as do the cheesy plastic skeletons. And everything reminds me of that constant transition. The world moves, the leaves fall, the weather cools.


It's all this gentle whirling, and it really is like how it is to be a person. How it is to be always cycling through something. Thoughts and possessions collected, hair growing and splitting, shoes wearing out. All that stuff kinda makes me feel happy, and home. I mean, I did wear out my favourite boots recently, and that's a shame, but there's something about that cycle that makes me feel content.


Here's to autumn, and cycles of growth, and comfortable shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning ode to autumn! I'm excited for it, also for halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! Yes, it's gonna be nice! I hope you have a nice one :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x