Fabric & Cloudy Patterns


I recently got a cute and casual new dress with a gentle sky gradient design with tiny Mickey Mouse heads all over it. My mum saw it on sale for £4.90 and decided she had to get it. The print is extremely cute, and it made me think a bit about all the fabrics and patterns and prints of all my clothes, and how each thing I own has a different feel and meaning.

So I had the idea of scanning a few items of clothing I have, and then drawing some cute pictures over the scans. And here we are, inside the post where that's what's happening.


Here's a pair of pink shorts I have, with an elasticated waist at the back, and some belt loops. The pink is very gentle, the fabric itself is nice and soft and breezy, and the shorts are super wide and airy. They have a sort of carefree feel. They're delicate and really comfy. I think I've got to wear them to a picnic.

It's that pleasant softness that they share with the Mickey Mouse dress. They both have a lightness and a happiness to them. It's nice.


These are some very simple black jean shorts, but truly, this is an item that feels extremely me. I am the shorts, and the shorts are me. They have a perfect cuffed style and I love them the most. I don't know what it is about a cuff, but the moment I see a cuffed trouser leg, or a short leg, I am fully contented and I know that everything is fine. Everything is good. The cuffed legs have spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x